Open Art Exhibition
Sherborne Art Club’s Annual Open Art Exhibition
The Exhibition attracts many summer visitors to Sherborne as well as local supporters. It takes place at the Digby Hall, Hound Street, Sherborne. Post code DT9 3JL.
In 2017 the dates are as follows:
Handing in day - Wednesday 12 July
10am – 1pm, artists with surnames beginning A-M.
2pm – 4pm, artists with surnames beginning N-Z.
Members, please bring your membership cards.
Private View - Friday 21 July 5-7.30pm
Exhibition runs from Saturday 22 July to Sunday 30 July, 10am to 5.30pm, except for the final Sunday, when it closes at 1pm.
Handing back - Sunday 30 July, 2-4pm.
Prizes are awarded to winning artists:
- £100 Viewers' Choice, chosen by visitors to the Exhibition
- £100 Chairman’s Choice
- £100 for the Best Oil painting, donated by Castle Gardens
- £100 for the Best Watercolour painting, donated by Old Barn Framing Gallery: £50 in cash and £50-worth of framing
- £100-worth of framing for the Best Mixed Media, donated by Richard Buxton, framer
- A new prize of £100 donated by The Slade Centre
All Prizes, except the Viewers' Choice prize, are presented on the evening of the Private View, with the Press present. The Viewers' Choice prize is presented on the final day at closing time (1pm).